Achtung Cthulhu: Investigator's Guide
Product Code: 1031
Publishing Year: 2013
Cover Price: $32.00 (or $14.99 PDF only)
Setting(s): World War II
Format(s): Hardcover and PDF
Achtung! Cthulhu is a terrifying World War Two setting, fully compatible with the Call of Cthulhu, Sixth Edition and Savage Worlds roleplaying games. This is the Investigator's Guide, with everything players need to create and run character's in the late 30's and 40's.
Discover the secret history of World War Two: stories of amazing heroism, in which stalwart men and women struggle to overthrow a nightmare alliance of steel and the occult; of frightening inhuman conspiracies from the depths of time; of the unbelievable war machines which are the product of Nazi engineering genius – and how close we all are to a slithering end! The Secret War has begun!
Inside you’ll find a whole kit-bag stuffed with:
- New occupations, skills, equipment, and backgrounds from across Europe, the British Commonwealth, and the United States
- How you can keep the home fires burning, become part of the Allied war effort, or risk everything by joining the partisans to bring down the Reich from within!
- What life was like serving with the various military forces and on the Home Front
- An array of historical and fictional material to help you create exciting player characters and NPCs
- A background generator, designed to help you find out what dark secrets your past contains…
- Full rules for use with BOTH Call of Cthulhu 6th Edition AND Savage Worlds in one book!
The Investigator’s Guide to the Secret War is the definitive guide to the late 1930s and ‘40s for use by players and Keepers alike.
Front Cover Text
Investigator's Guide to the Secret War
Back Cover Text
A TERRIFYING WORLD WAR TWO SETTING, FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE CALL OF CTHULHU, SIXTH EDITION AND SAVAGE WORLDS ROLEPLAYING GAMES.
| Discover the secret history of World War Two: stories of amazing heroism, in which stalwart men and women struggle to overthrow a nightmare alliance of steel and occult; of frightening inhuman cospiracies from the depths of time; of the unbelievable war machines which are the product of Nazi engineering genius - and how close we all are to a slithering end! The Secret War has begun!
Alec Towton, Section M
INSIDE YOU'LL FIND A WHOLE KIT-BAG STUFFED WITH:
- NEW OCCUPATIONS, SKILLS, EQUIPMENT AND BACKGROUNDS FROM ACCROSS EUROPE, THE BRITISH COMMONWEALTH, AND THE UNITED STATES
- HOW YOU CAN KEEP THE HOME FIRES BURNING, BECOME PART OF THE ALLIED WAR EFFORT, OR RISK EVERYTHING BY JOINING THE PARTISANS TO BRING DOWN THE REICH FROM WITHIN!
- WHAT LIVE WAS LIKE SERVING THE VARIOUS MILITARY FORCES AND ON THE HOME FRONT
- AN ARRAY OF HISTORICAL AND FICTIONAL MATERIAL TO HELP YOU CREATE EXCITING PLAYER CHARACTERS AND NPCS
- A BACKGROUND GENERATOR, DESIGNED TO HELP YOU FIND OUT WHAT DARK SECRETS YOUR PAST CONTAINS..
THE INVESTIGATOR'S GUIDE TO THE SECRET WAR IS THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO THE LATE 1930S AND '40S FOR USE BY PLAYERS AND KEEPERS ALIKE.
Comments / Trivia
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.