1920s Keeper's Kit
Product Code: 5108
Publishing Year: 1989
Pages: multiple components
Cover Price: $5.95
Artist(s): Tom Sullivan
Format(s): Multiple components including cardboard screen, loose papers and a booklet
This is a bundle of a Keeper's screen, novelty items and other assorted paraphernalia.
Included in the package is:
- A 8½x33" four-panel Keeper's Screen ,
- The Monster Master, a new form on which the keeper can organize game data for monsters and other adversaries,
- Updated 1920s Character Sheets,
- A map,
- A 20"x27" Full-Color poster (one of five, randomly selected from the cover paintings to: Mansions of Madness, Cthulhu Classics, Masks of Nyarlathotep, The Great Old Ones, Arkham Unveiled),
- Each packet contains one of two different stickers (produced initially for the Miskatonic U. Graduate Kit),
- A Miskatonic U. Note Pad,
- A Mythos Bookcover (one of three, randomly selected from The Necronomicon, Cultes des Goules, or De Vermiis Mysteriis, produced originally for Cthulhu Covers),
- New scenario The Dead-Man Stomp.
Scenarios: The Dead-Man Stomp
Front Cover Text
A Fine Collection (?) of Call of Cthulhu Accessories
A Keepers's Screen, Poster, Stickers, Book Cover, Monster Master, Note Pad, Character Sheets & New Adventure
Back Cover Text
A Rugose Compendium of Squamous Stuff.
This packet contains essential play-aids for all Call of Cthulhu players and keepers.
- A Specially-constructed 8½x33" colorful four-panel Keeper’s Screen featuring an additional 8½"x11" panel – instant access to important tables and rules form the Cthulhu game while minimizing play interference.
- A brand-new adventure, "The Dead-Man Stomp", was specially written for this package, and is suitable for both beginning and experienced players.
- Eight copies of the new, updated 1920s Character Sheet provide a convenient place for your players to summarize game data and are ready-to-use.
- The Monster Master, five copies of a new form on which the keeper can organize game data for his crazed cultists, maniac madmen, wicked wizards, and degenerate denizens of the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Each packet contains one of two different stickers, either a back-window university sticker for your car, or a "Go Pods!" bumper sticker proclaiming your loyalty to old M.U.
- A handy Miskatonic U. Note Pad, in a new style, provides a convenient spot for keepers to jot sinister ideas, devious plots and terrifying notes.
- A special Mythos Bookcover in one of three styles, either the Necronomicon, Cultes Des Goules, or De Vermiis Mysteriis, can be used to protect your favorite haunting tome.
- A giant 20"x27" Full-Cover Poster depicts a terrifying aspect of the Mythos. There are five different posters: Mansions of Madness, Cthulhu Classics, Masks of Nyarlathotep, Great Old Ones, and Arkham Unveiled, one in each kit. Collect them all.
Comments / Trivia
Almost everything included in this package is also available in other Chaosium releases.
The scenario The Dead-Man Stomp was later incorporated into the main rulebook.
Some years later, Chaosium produced a second similar package, Fifth Edition Keeper's Kit, which likewise brought together a Keeper's Screen, a specially-written scenario and an assortment of novelties.
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.